Monday, September 05, 2005

I HAVE MADE FIRE

SO I've been camping the past two days down in South Jersey and you know, it's just not what it's cracked up to be. I have numerous bites from the ravenous population of mosquitoes and well, I came back home filthy. I feel like I've been rolling around in dirt the past few days. I mean, they even had shower facilities there but I never thought I'd live to see the day where there was the possibility of coming out of a shower feeling dirtier than when I went. Not to mention that the showers appeared to be the convention center of all the mosquitoes. I went with my best friend of 20 years, her 8 year-old daughter and my best friend's fiance and his family. Together, we had 4 tents and 16 people just about. I'm not gonna lie, camping was hell. But not for everyone in our party however. There were good times, and there were bad times, but mostly we are just dusty. One tent, that slept up to 8 people, had an AIR CONDITIONING UNIT in it. That's right, AC. This dude pulled his AC unit out of his apartment window and hooked it up to the electric outlet. This was not true camping, if you haven't figured that out yet. I've been camping before and it was rough and there were no dirty bathroom facilities, you went in the bushes. You roughed it and it roughed you. But no, not a Lake Laurie in Cape May, N.J. there, you pay for your slummage. Oh, the life. But back to the AC units. There were two these people brought and it was unbelievable. Not to mention there was no small amount of aerobeds being blown up and hightech grills. All the amenities of home. I was waiting to see someone pull out an ironing board, though this one lady DID have a CURLING IRON out. Thank god there was beer, and good company and nice weather and cell phones with web technology. But I swear I won't be mad if I never see another campsite like that one as long as I live. I LOOOOOOVE Camping.

No comments: