Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Looking for meaning...

My friend Christine died May 5. She was so important to me. She was so much a part of my d.c. life. She was one of my best friends. I am still grieving, I guess. I haven't cried in a few days but I'm still weepy. Everyone seems to have just got on with things...or maybe it's just me. I don't live in D.C. anymore so I can't easily see all the other people in my life who know and love her. So I feel kind of isolated. My parents didn't really know her but for stories. She came to visit one time with my friend Carrie. And I realized, my parents don't really know much about my life in d.c. or my friends there. I just wish one person were here that knew her, that I could talk to. That I could cry with. No one can replace her anyway she was such a spark plug.

I woke up suddenly and life has changed. I am not only forced to say goodbye to Christine but to my youth. I'm 29. I won't ever be the same again. I just hope I live my days with the same verve as my friend did. I miss her so much. But I believe that everything happens for a reason. And though I may never know the reason my friend died so young...I trust in my faith. I trust that when my time comes it will be right. And Taaffe will be waiting there for me with a beer.

1 comment:

Sherlon Christie said...

sorry to hear about your friend.