Monday, December 28, 2009

new year's is afoot

Wow. This blog has been woefully neglected. Admittedly, I haven't been very focused the past few years. My sister died in 2007 before christmas. And I miss her terribly...and it's been very hard to wrap my brain around not having her here in the flesh and readjusting to my life without a sister. I am an only child now...but her memory and her life and laughter are so palpable to me, sometimes it doesn't seem like her death was a clean break. The memory of her spirit around me and my family is that strong. And so very much feel a transitioning within me is occurring. I'm feeling her presence and almost dreams and aspirations in my heart and I know that she would want me to follow my dreams and live life to the fullest...to experience things that she wasn't able to in her short 33 years.

So for the past two years, things have been heavy. I took in a dog, I bought a house, I published a book of poetry and well, I had to actively cut out a few people I was very close to because at the end of the day...I realized that my definition of fellowship appeared radically different from how they viewed it. And so out of the darkness...brings light.


After a long hiatus/hibernation
I'm starting to come out of /get into it
Awakening/reawakening

AND I'm dreaming again of living in Paris, untethered to what a usual day to day would be for me here. I want to write to my heart's content and not have to call out sick or whatever to do it.

I just want to thank some people I don't even know for renewing the spark....I came across some really cool blogs by some black expats in europe and all of the hairs on my body stood on end. For now I'm going to live vicariously through these strangers' blog postings but mark my words...I'm getting out of here soon...

Hope you have a good new year and that all of your dreams come true.

Resolution: To post every day in the month of January

No comments: