Sunday, July 30, 2006

Holla BACK!

I know I haven't been around in a hot minute. I've finished grad school in the meantime though. I have said goodbye to a dear friend. And, I got a job. The job is cool, I'm copyediting for a good company. The problem is they really weren't trying to pay me. And since I need to stay in New Jersey and sock money away while living with my parents...I just took the money and ran. I'm embarking on week two. So far, it's been interesting. They have me on the slow-learner's track to training and it's starting to bug me. Don't get me wrong, I like to take things slow and get acclimated to my surroundings at a slow and steady pace, but I fear this too slow. I'm basically reading emails all day and intermittently reading up on the topic I'm copyediting on. But it's not rocket science, and I've worked for this company before so...like I said...I'm on the slowlearners track to training.

MEN: I am one sister who has been plagued with chronic men problems. It started when I was pretty young...late high school. I don't know what happened. It was like I went from zero to hero in one day and the next thing I know I was juggling up to 5 dudes at one time and all of them were pressuring me to be their girlfriend. Needless to say, I picked the crazy one and therein began my streak of dating losers. Recently, one of those 4 unlucky fish got hitched. Apparently it was a crazy lavish to-do and they really couldn't afford it. I kept hearing about the train wreck every week from people we both know...and I was like damn, I dodged a bullet with that one, because THAT brother was DUMB. But you know what they say, SOMEONE has to love them (the ones you don't want). I'm going to stop myself before I sound bitter.

Meanwhile, I've been seeing an old friend off and on for a year now. I thought eventually things would develop into a nice little affair between the two of us, but everyday he proves what an incredible dick he can be. And just goes to show me that yet again, my taste in men needs amending. LORD, this is really getting tiring.

1 comment:

Wale said...

we're on a once a month posting now, elle?

do that website thing...it'll be good fun!